The Seneca Park Zoo Society held the inaugural Environmental Innovation Awards and Symposium on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center. The event, which was attended by approximately 200 people, was developed to celebrate leadership in environmental stewardship, raising the profile of innovative companies and people working to solve complex environmental problems in the Rochester and Finger Lakes Region. The awards breakfast was followed by a symposium led by one of the green building industry’s foremost strategists, Bill Browning.
Save the date for the 2019 Environmental Innovation Awards and Symposium: Wednesday, October 30
2018 Award Winners
Dozens of nominations were submitted and judging was conducted by a panel of 13 nationally-known leaders in environmental issues.
Innovation Inspired by Nature
Bill Browning, Terrapin Bright Green
We were pleased to welcome and feature Bill Browning, one of the green building industry’s foremost strategists and leading thinkers in sustainable design solutions. Browning’s expertise has been sought by Fortune 500 companies, leading universities, nonprofits, the U.S. military, and foreign governments. His career highlights (so far!) include the greening of the White House, National Aquarium, Disney Hong Kong, the Sydney 2000 Olympic Village, and more. Find out more at terrapinbrightgreen.com.
Mr. Browning gave brief keynote at the awards ceremony, entitled “Why Nature Matters” and was the featured speaker at the symposium, “Innovation Inspired by Nature”, where he shared his insights on creating a built environment inspired by nature. The discussion was moderated by Suzanne Hunt of HuntGreen LLC.
Thank You to our Event Committee
- Suzanne Hunt, HuntGreen LLC
- Jim Armstrong, Good for Business (B Corp)
- Andrew Brady, Conscious Capitalism, ROC City Coalition
- Rebecca Delaney Johnson, The Cause Collaborative
- Todd Liebert, CEO, CPL
- Kate McArdle, New York State Pollution Prevention Institute
- Kevin Nowack, VP, DGA Builders
- Pamela Reed Sanchez, President and CEO, Seneca Park Zoo Society
- Amy Reichhart, Environmental Attorney, Nixon Peabody
- Heather Rossi, Events Manager, Seneca Park Zoo Society
- Meg Walbaum, RIT
- Dr. Jeff Wyatt, Environmental Justice Advocate
Thank you to our sponsors!